Saturday, June 15, 2013

Selling Wholesaling

My last experience with Wholesaling was 10 years ago.  So, forgive me for speaking on old data.  Though my success  - at the time - was mixed, I found it to be a reasonable way to make money using the Web.  I, of course, cannot speak for every wholesaler.  Like anything else,some are better than others.  Also, the wholesaler that I dealt with at the time may be better or worse now than when I first used them.

The process of wholesaling was very easy to get into and very convenient.  I signed up for a yearly membership, say $50.  This gave me access to the wholesaler's website, and gave me the rights to order any of their merchandise.  I bought the merchandise at a cost, and then sold it for a marginal amount higher than my cost.  Of course the difference in the prices was my revenue.  Once the merchandise was purchased, the wholesaler drop-shipped the item to the address to which I specified.  To my knowledge, the process worked.  I say 'to my knowledge' because I don't recall drop-shipping directly to anyone.  I did f fundraiser, and ordered for some friends/family, and that was the extent of which I did.  However, I DID MAKE MONEY. Unfortunately, I can neither confirm or deny whether or not the drop-shipping was as seamless as it appeared.

The only area of disappointment that I had was with a few items that I purchased.  I noticed that any products that consisted of glass and defects.  Specifically, the glass itself had little bubbles in it, indicating problems during the manufacturing process.  All of the other merchandise that I ordered was as marketed.

It is important for me to again emphasize that this was my experience.  Had I done more business with this wholesaler, I may have noticed more problems and more deficiencies in the products.  I might add that there are always a range of experiences, when dealing with the same wholesaler.  Some people appear to always do well at these kind of endeavors.  Others will always complain that things are not what they expected.  The main thing is to tread carefully and do thorough homework (Google will help with this..) before signing up for anything!  Oh.... and watch out for pyramid schemes.  Those are scams in which you can only make any real money by convincing others to join something.

Worker-B



No comments:

Post a Comment